32st BRAZILIAN SYMPOSIUM ON DATABASES (SBBD 2017)
October 02 to 05, 2017
Uberlândia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
June 02, 2017 June 16, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: June 30, 2017
Abstracts for Proceedings: July 28, 2017
SBBD is the official database event of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). It has been the largest venue in Latin America for presentation and discussion of research results in the database domain. In its 32st edition, the symposium will be held in the city of Uberlândia, in the state of Minas Gerais, on October 2-5, 2017. SBBD joins researchers, students and practitioners, from Brazil and abroad, for discussing problems related to the main topics in modern database technologies.
SBBD 2017 invites submissions of tutorial proposals. Each tutorial will be presented in a 3 hours session. Only an abstract (1-2 pages) of the accepted tutorials, including bibliographic references, will be published in the symposium proceedings. However, copies of the presentation slides will also be required before the event for distribution to the tutorial attendees.
We will consider proposals for introductory and advanced tutorials on any topic within the area of databases. Introductory tutorials should target an audience consisting of advanced undergraduate and graduate students, as well as attendees from industry. Hence, they can be thought of as “recycling” courses though they should not be about traditional “textbook” topics. Advanced tutorials must cover a topic’s state-of-the-art, motivating and exposing potential research issues.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Proposals must be of no more than 5 pages, using Times New Roman, 12pt font, and must include the following items (in this order):
– Tutorial title, authors’ name, affiliations, e-mails and URL of the respective home pages (if available)
– If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, where this tutorial has been presented before and how it will be modified for SBBD 2017
– Tutorial type (introductory or advanced)
– The intended audience and its assumed background
– The language in which the tutorial will be presented (English or Portuguese)
– An abstract (no more the 100 words) stating the tutorial’s main goal
– Outline of the tutorial (list of topics and brief description of how these are to be covered)
– List of (up to 10) related references
– A brief bio of authors (up to 20 lines/author)
– The name of whom will present the tutorial, in case of a tutorial is proposed by more than one author
– Audio-visual requirements
Subject to funding availability, SBBD may provide a travel allowance for one tutorial presenter. If the presenter requires this funding, make sure this is clear in the proposal. The presenting author will be required to register for the symposium.
Submitted proposals can be written in Portuguese or English. Submissions in English are strongly encouraged. Submitted proposals will be reviewed based on originality, relevance, technical soundness and clarity of presentation. Proposals must be emailed as PDF attachments to email@example.com
Formats other than PDF will not be accepted. The subject of the email must be: [SBBD2017] Tutorial Submission. Proposals will be evaluated by the Tutorial Chair and SBBD Steering Committee. SBBD reserves the right to refuse all of the submitted tutorial proposals, as well as to include invited tutorial presentations.
For further information please contact the Tutorial Chair:
Ana Carolina Salgado, firstname.lastname@example.org