SBBD is the official event on databases of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). It is the largest venue in Latin America. Along with technical sessions, the symposium includes invited talks, tutorials, and mini-courses given by distinguished speakers from the national and international database research community.
For the 2020 edition, SBBD will accept JIDM Papers, Full, Short, Vision, Industrial, and Distinguished Papers for presentation. This year, papers submitted in the categories Full, Short, Vision, and Industrial will be judged through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are concealed from the reviewers, and the identities of the reviewers are hidden from the authors.
The safety of all participants is our priority. After evaluating the current COVID-19 situation in Brazil, the organization decided that SBBD 2020 will now be an online event.
Submissions in this category should present research results and discussion in any of the SBBD topics of interest. Full papers submitted to SBBD must not have been simultaneously submitted to any other forum (conference or journal), nor have already been published elsewhere.
The acceptance of a paper implies that at least one of its authors will register for the symposium to present it. Submitted papers will be reviewed based on originality, relevance, technical soundness, and clarity of presentation. SBBD will have a sing-round review process. Full papers must be written in Portuguese or English and not exceed 12 pages, according to the SBC template.
All papers submitted in these categories must be written so as to allow double-blind review, which means that authors need to ensure that their submissions do not give away their identity, both in the text and in the references, following the Anonymity Requirements for Double-Blind Reviewing.
- Abstracts and submissions due:
May 31st,June 14th, 2020
- Notification due: July 20th, 2020
- Camera-ready due: August 15th, 2020
DISTINGUISHED PUBLISHED PAPERS
Submissions in this category should be papers relevant to the conference topics and published or accepted for publication as full papers in 2019 or 2020 by a highly competitive conference. They will be accepted/rejected by the SBBD Steering Committee on the grounds of relevance and quality of the original publication venue.
These papers will not appear in the conference proceedings and thus cannot be considered as a new publication. The paper can be submitted “as is”, indicating explicitly the place where the work was published. This category aims to attract the best papers of the Brazilian community and give their authors the opportunity to present their work.
Papers must be submitted by email to PC chairs with the subject “[SBBD2020 Submission] Distinguished Published Paper”.
- Submissions due: July 5th, 2020
- Notification due: August 1st, 2020
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Access Methods, Indexing
- Active Databases
- Algorithms and Techniques for Data Mining
- Array DBMSs
- Authorization, Privacy and Security in Databases
- Big Data Frameworks and Ecosystems
- Blockchain Architectures for Data Management
- Collecting, Extracting and Indexing Web Data
- Complex Event and Stream-based Processing
- Concurrency Control and Recovery
- Data Analytics and Data Visualization
- Data Annotation and Provenance
- Data Cleaning, Information Filtering and Dissemination
- Data Management for Machine Learning
- Data Management in Clouds
- Data Modeling
- Data on the Web
- Data Warehousing and OLAP
- Database as Services
- Database Design and Data Semantics
- Database Techniques to support Data Mining
- Database Foundations for Data Mining
- Digital Libraries and Applications
- Database Usability, User Interfaces, and Visualization
- Document Management and Classification
- Embedded and Mobile Databases
- Graph Databases
- Heterogeneous and Federated Database Systems
- Incompleteness and Inconsistency in Databases
- Information Integration and Interoperability
- Information Retrieval Models and Techniques
- In-memory Data Management
- Knowledge Bases and Modeling
- Machine Learning to support DBMS functionality
- Multidimensional and Temporal Databases
- NoSQL Databases
- Parallel and Distributed Algorithms for Data Mining
- Peer to peer, Parallel and Distributed Databases
- Physical Database Design
- Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking
- Privacy and Security in Data Mining Algorithms
- Probabilistic, Fuzzy and Approximate Data Management
- Profile-based or Context-Aware Data Management
- Query Languages and Processing
- Real-time Databases
- Recommender Systems
- Schema Management and Design
- Scientific and Statistical Databases
- Self-managed and Autonomic Databases
- Semantic Web, Linked Data and Ontologies
- Semi-structured Data and XML
- Sensor Data Processing and IOT on Data
- Social Data Processing
- Spatial Databases and Geographical Information Systems
- String Processing and Stream Databases
- Text Database
- Transaction Management
- Web Data Management
- Workflow Applications and Databases
BEST PAPER AWARDS
SBBD 2020 will have the following awards, which will be announced during the conference: Best Paper Award (Prêmio José Mauro de Castilho), Best Student Paper Award and Best Short Paper Award. Only papers submitted in the categories JIDM, full and short, are considered.
Authors of accepted papers must register and present their papers during the online conference.