The 34th Brazilian Symposium on Databases (SBBD) is the official database event of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC), and the leading national forum for presenting and discussing current research and scientific advances with a major emphasis on modern database technologies. Its importance exceeds the Brazilian research community with several connections to major research centers from all around the world. Topics of interest for SBBD span the entire spectrum of data management theoretical and application aspects. Workshops are intended to serve as an intensive collaborative forum for exchanging innovative ideas and research directions.
We encourage prospective workshop organizers to submit proposals for highly interactive workshops, focusing on either in-depth analysis or broad-ranging approaches to emerging topics in databases.
– Workshop proposal submission: February 25, 2019;
– Notification of acceptance: March 25, 2019 (Workshop paper submission
dates will be defined by the respective workshop chairs);
– Send the workshop description & website URL : April 8, 2019;
– Camera-ready proceedings submission: July 22, 2019 (including all
accepted papers and a workshop summary, by the respective workshop
A workshop proposal should be about 3-5 pages long, in PDF format, containing the following information:
– Title of the workshop;
– Topics of interest for the workshop;
– Significance in relation to topics of the main conference;
– Format and duration (either half-day or 1 full-day);
– Proposed program committee (name, emails, and affiliations);
– Expected number of submissions and of participants;
– Expected number of accepted papers.
Please also attach a short CV of each organizer (2 page limit each), including picture, short bio experience in organizing events, and any available information of previous editions of the workshop you are proposing, with an emphasis on submission and registration numbers. Please be aware that at least one of the workshop organizers must register to SBBD 2019, and participate in the Conference at least during the workshop.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed based on the quality of the proposal, its relation to the main SBBD topics, the likelihood to attract enough participants, room for debate and discussion, as well as the organization prospective capacity of the chairs. Workshop organizers are encouraged to propose their speakers and authors to prepare a joint paper for this common session in order to stimulate attendee interactions and discussion.
Exact workshop paper submission and author notification due dates are at the discretion of workshop organizers but must fit within the timeline indicated.